Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Well today is Mother's Day. Plans? Make breakfast and spend time with mom. To start the day, my sister woke me up, asking me if I wanted to help make breakfast. I hopped out of bed and into the kitchen. I grab a glass of milk and then begin to ponder. My dad is chopping onions and red peppers for an omelette, and my sister has finished the pancake mix and is starting to pour the mix into the pan. 
"What can I do?"
I look in the fridge. 
"Cut some fruit? Pour some milk?"
My sister asks me to beat the eggs. 
"Yes! I can contribute!"
My dad grabs the eggs and the whisk and starts to take my job.
So I tell him that I was going to do that, and he leaves me to do it. So I beat them eggs good. Once I finished, I looked in the fridge. 
"What to do know?"
Mom wakes up and we quickly finish the meal. We give her the card we made and eat. Since I didn't really contribute making breakfast, I volunteered to do the dishes. 
Anyways, thats what we did.

Well my Mom is going to India in October to do her teaching program. She keeps asking us if it is selfish of her to go. The trip costs $4000. Considering she doesn't work full time, I would say that is quite a lot of money. She does have help though. My Grandpa offered to pay for half of the costs. Lucky. She keeps asking me if I will be fine. I know I will be fine because I will still be at Douglas doing school. I think she is most worried about my sister because it will be her first year of post-secondary, which is a big adjustment. I keep telling her that Dad is more than capable of taking care of both of us. Mom gives my Dad a lot of credit to her success in post-secondary because he is the only one supporting the family. We fare pretty well. Mom feels bad that she is leaving Dad to take care of us for 3 months. I support my Mom going to India and so does the rest of my family. 

Mom keeps bugging me about Andrea. She's always like
"You better be careful while I'm away."
Before I had a girlfriend, Mom was always bugging me about who I liked and who I was interested in. Now she seems... How should I put it... Overprotective? Nevertheless, I know she wants me to be careful with Andrea and that I respect her. I know that my Mom is just making sure I don't have "too much fun." But she thinks Andrea is a nice girl and is always asking when she will come over for dinner. I always forget to ask Andrea if she wants Caucasian food or Chinese food. Andrea says that she will probably come to the family barbeque in June. My relatives are coming. I don't know how I will introduce her to them though. I am sure most of my family will be fine with it.  I am not sure how my Grandparents will take it though. They probably want me to marry an Asian girl. I think they will be shocked but I hope they respect my decision and look past the skin colour. I also wonder what one Aunt will think. She is always so nosy and so are her daughters. I don't like it very much and I can't stand them sometimes. Once during dinner in March, my Mom told everyone I had a girlfriend. Immediately my stupid cousin goes:
"Is it the asian one or the white one?"
This was probably a month and a half into our relationship and we tried to keep it on the down low. I thought...
"What...? How much time do you spend on Facebook? I don't even have any pictures of her. Shut up, who do you think you are?"
My other cousin whispers:
"How far have you gone?"
I think...
"You're on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know." (Taken from the movie, "The Rock.")
I just said you don't need to know. At least he respected my decision. He thought back and kind of apologized for asking. I think he realized that it was a bad question.

Anyways, enough of bashing on my family. I'm listening to Metric and trying to write my Psychology notes. I enjoy psych, but thats for another post.

Until next time...
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment